Tuesday, December 15, 2009

маршру́тка..

My Dearest маршру́тка Bus..



How I await you for you every morning in the Russian cold. I see your number 45 or 77 from the distance and know you've come for me. You never let me down.. Oh Dearest Marshutka with your driver yelling violently out the window.. I wonder how I'll fit today when you open your sliding door revealing Russians crammed into every space like a can of sardines. Marshutka is it safe for me to enter or should I bring a helmet with me?

As I embark my journey to the center of Rostov, I hold on to the bar for dear life as I can barely see through the solid crowd of people during the morning commute. All I can see is a Russian icon.. Saint Nicholas (The Protector) rocking from the rear view mirror as I'm surrounded by fluffy fur coats and soviet fur hats..

My Dearest Marchutka keep me safe on my journey to work today. Please take my 14 roubles and don't take my life..


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kaileigh said...

LOL!

Her blog, it's ALIIIIVEE She's actually here!

Adochka said...

Yessss I've arrived! :D