Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Reflection on my trip to Russia

So soon I've arrived in Russia, so soon I leave.. My nine month contract has been cut short due to the company not being able to provide me sufficient load of full time work. I guess after the three month probationary period they are allowed to terminate my employment if they so choose. It is very dissapounting to say the least especially since I gave up a good job in the States for this opportunity,for what I thought would be a nine month opportunity and not a brief 3 months. But all in all, besides the fact of not having the chance to see as much as I had planned I got a good glimpse of Russian culture and life.
Some recaps of my Russian adventure are many and include these thoughts as followed. Free alcohol on the plane from United States to Russia, something I look forward to on the journey home.
A nation of many Dimas. For the first couple months every single boy I met was Dima. I had to organize them in my phone according to their assocations.. Dima Teacher.. Dima student.. Dima Couch Surf.. Dima Manager.. Dima Vet..(I will write their individual stories at a later time) I even had Dima student pay for a Persian kitten and add a balance of well over 100 to my mobile phone, which I still have money on.. and need to see if I can get a refund :)
Many Orthodox Churches. Every corner has a breathtaking Russian Orthodox church. Being baptized and raised Russian Orthodox it is truly inspiring to see this religion so alive in Russia.

No comments: