Monday, June 22, 2009

Rants of the Broken Hearted

I've tried to be his friend, because he wanted it. I was there for him when he needed a friend, when he crashed his car or just to go grocery shopping with him. And I didn't mind, because I love him. But I was trying hard to put all the love aside, because a friend is what he needed. So I put my hurting heart aside, and made the effort to be his friend. However, I think when is he there for me when I need a friend? When I really need a friend, he's always busy.. always busy. I just want an answer to how it can be so perfect when we are together, and he grabs my hand from underneath the resteraunt table or says he misses my style. And then he hurts me, by not calling ever and blames me for it. And then he says I have ruined any possible chance of being together. I don't think what I wanted was too much to ask. To just pick up the phone, so I wouldn't have felt completely used.
I think what he wanted was a lot to ask.. but I tried anyways. But he won't try. And I'm reminding myself it is black and white. In a relationship there is no grey. You either work on the problems, or you don't. And if you don't, or if one person doesn't give a shit about the relationship, you leave the pieces and move on. That's what I'm learning.
Him and I are on two different levels. He just wants a friend for when he's lonely, or an acquintance, nothing more. I want something deeper, I'm looking for my best friend and soul mate. And it's difficult when you loose both... to just leave the pieces. I'm the the type of person, to make something, from nothing.. but it's hard to build a masterpiece when the glue won't stick. And it's fine, it is. It's a sad thing, but oh well. Sometimes you have to stop dedicating all your time to the broken pieces, because you might pass up a work of art that never needs fixing.

4 comments:

Kaileigh said...

Absolutely correct... now put these thoughts to use, hmm?

Kaileigh said...

& I am NOT "chuffed to bits" ( :) ) seeing you sad, and it's been much much too long to wait for someone.

Anonymous said...

Its hard to walk away from a relationship, no matter how one sided it is. You may have to back away, inch by inch, a little bit at a time. No matter how broken the pieces are here, it is hard to look away so dont force yourself to look away, just walk backwards a little bit at a time. At some point you would get tired of walking backwards and walk forwards for a bit. Thats when you find the works of art that are perfect as is.

The Sunshine State Witch said...

I don't blame you hun I would feel the same way. It sounds to me that he has no clue what it is he REALLY wants. But just because he doesn't know what he wants, you shouldn't be treated that way.